Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Getting a 5V supply from an Arduino Nano?  (Read 945 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hey!  My Arduino Nano is in the post right now.  I'm planning to build a low-power DSP around it.  Part of this involves biasing the input signal, requiring a 5V source.  For the moment, the Nano is going to be USB only.  What's the best way of sourcing this 5V without soldering a lead from the bottom of the USB connector on the Arduino?  Could just putting an IO pin high do it?  Possibly a waste of an IO pin but if it's the easiest way to get a clean 5V without modifying the board...

http://www.instructables.com/id/Lo-fi-Arduino-Guitar-Pedal/step4/Normalize-the-Input-and-Output/

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Use the 5V pin?

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

View Profile

Oh - the way I read the overview, that was an input for the IC that bypassed the regulator:

Vin->Regulator->5V->Atmel

So I can just take that pin as a regulated 5V out?  Thanks!

Finland
Arduino rocks
View Profile

When I power Arduino from USB, I get a little less than 5V (around 4.7V if memory serves me right). When I power Arduino from an external supply, the 5V pin gives almost exactly 5V. So if accuracy is important for your application, you may need to check it out.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: