Go Down

Topic: ProMini 3.3V and 5V - which one is which? (Read 565 times) previous topic - next topic

jbrenon

I have two Arduino Pro Mini 5V and two 3.3V. Now I soldered one 3.3V to a board and a 5V, but I forgot which one is which and I can't see below to see which of the boxes is checked. I have two reference ProMinis, but couldn't detect a difference so far.

How can I distinguish which one is which?

Jenson

johnwasser

The 3.3v model will have a 3.3v regulator and 8 MHz crystal/resonator.
The 5v model will have a 5v regulator and 16 MHz crystal/resonator.

The regulator appears to have 5 pins and is between the processor and the end with the serial port connections.
The crystal/resonator is near Pin 2.
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

James C4S

Since there is an on-board regulator, apply a voltage to the RAW pin and measure VCC.

Ideally you should apply >6V.  Even if you only have 5V source available you can probably still tell the difference between the 3.3 and 5 boards.  (The 3.3V board will be 3.3V with 5V on RAW while a 5V board will be something less, probably around 4).
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy