Go Down

Topic: ArduOpen - complete and free IDE (Read 3119 times) previous topic - next topic

BrainBooster

as far as i know, only vmware has this feature (usb) working almost good.
You can always backup your library folder and preferences file, then install aside.

BrainBooster

a new build is out! (023BB) , download the latest windows build from here:
http://www.gioblu.com/community/forum/topic?id=338#p4131
Let me know what you think and if you have any problem.

bperrybap

as far as i know, only vmware has this feature (usb) working almost good.
You can always backup your library folder and preferences file, then install aside.

Virtualbox makes USB devices available to guests. Has for quite some time. The key is you can't
use the opensource version of virtual box. You must use the closed source version and
install the guest extensions. (get them from the virtualbox site)

Not sure if there are any issues with 64 bit linux hosts or Vista/Win7 guests but I have used
USB device access with an XP guest running on Virtual box using 32 bit Ubuntu 10.10 & 9.04 as a host.
I can say it does work for USB disks, USB printers, and even for USB serial ports including using the Arduino IDE.

You have go to the devices option in the VM guest window and "grab" the USB device away from
the host. But then it is free for use by the guest until you release it or close down the guest.

I will say that USB transfers are not nearly as fast as native but for serial type data rates
is really isn't an issue.

--- bill

Go Up