Go Down

Topic: Getting a 5V supply from an Arduino Nano? (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hey!  My Arduino Nano is in the post right now.  I'm planning to build a low-power DSP around it.  Part of this involves biasing the input signal, requiring a 5V source.  For the moment, the Nano is going to be USB only.  What's the best way of sourcing this 5V without soldering a lead from the bottom of the USB connector on the Arduino?  Could just putting an IO pin high do it?  Possibly a waste of an IO pin but if it's the easiest way to get a clean 5V without modifying the board...

James C4S

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Oh - the way I read the overview, that was an input for the IC that bypassed the regulator:

So I can just take that pin as a regulated 5V out?  Thanks!

When I power Arduino from USB, I get a little less than 5V (around 4.7V if memory serves me right). When I power Arduino from an external supply, the 5V pin gives almost exactly 5V. So if accuracy is important for your application, you may need to check it out.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131