Go Down

Topic: avrdude Apple (Read 2253 times) previous topic - next topic

EmilyJane

Hi Emily... This path you suggest does not work either  =(

You know you can just drag the file from the Finder into your Terminal window and it will automatically write the correct path? Try that.

oups Emily... YES it works... your suggested path works.... MANY THX XD

EmilyJane

oups Emily... YES it works... your suggested path works.... MANY THX XD

Yay! You're welcome! You don't normally have to include the path to avrdude or the path to avrdude.conf if you want to save yourself some typing.

I've tried to simplify below line as per suggestion but it says a few things: cannot find conf file then it invokes another avrdude that times out so I guess better I keep this longer typing line
Code: [Select]
new-host-5:~ selfonlypath$ /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -F -v -patmega1280 -cstk500 -P/dev/tty.usbserial-A6008igj -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:/Users/selfonlypath/Documents/TV/TransVerter1/applet/TransVerter1.cpp.hex:i

EmilyJane

I've tried to simplify below line as per suggestion but it says a few things: cannot find conf file then it invokes another avrdude that times out so I guess better I keep this longer typing line
new-host-5:~ selfonlypath$ /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -F -v -patmega1280 -cstk500 -P/dev/tty.usbserial-A6008igj -b57600 -D -Uflash:w:/Users/selfonlypath/Documents/TV/TransVerter1/applet/TransVerter1.cpp.hex:i

Yep, best keep doing what works!  :)

Alvaro

selfonlypath:

If you wish to know where your file is, open a terminal where your file resides, then type "pwd -P", or in case it does not work, just "pwd"

Then use that absolute path.

baum

Try dragging the file into the terminal window. (i.e. type the command, stopping where you would type in the file name, then drag in the file. the path will automatically show up.)

baum

Thank you all, so many ways to access the correct file pathname... Everything works perfect now, avrdude just downloads fine my HEX on my arduino mega  8)

baum

Glad to hear it. :) Out of curiosity, what was the correct path?

baum

maybe read a few posts before for complete command line otherwise, here it is
/Users/selfonlypath/Documents/TV/TransVerter1/applet/TransVerter1.cpp.hex

baum

Go Up