Go Down

Topic: Hack "cina" led strip driver and dimmer (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Hello all,
i'd like to know your thought on this two items.

This one seams to me like a normal potentiometer, i suppose the efficiency is really low with high loads. What do you think about it ?

This is a led RGB strip driver, with an IR remote controller. The strange thing is that it works in series with the dimmer controller above. (Sounds a bit strange to me). Btw i suppose (just a random idea) it works with 3 mosfet driven by a pwm signals (8bit maybe). Pwm signals is created by the IR receiver on the white block.

If it works in this way i suppose i can hack it just connecting ground with arduino, (maybe i can also in the same Vin @ 12V) and replace their PWM with arduino's (if, their pwm works at 5v ... )

Did anyone have chance to open and look inside it?

Tnx you in advance

The first item should be a PWM controller, 2 A x 12 V = 24 W, pretty high power to regulate by potentiometer  in small box .
it works in series with the dimmer controller above.
Sounds strange to me too, as dimmer 2 A, and you need three of them for one remote controller.
I don't think you cam hack it by open a box, black epoxy is the best copyright protector. :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131