Go Down

Topic: (HELP) Interfacing GSM Modem with Arduino (Read 4961 times) previous topic - next topic

nixorous

Blue (arduino right side) - TX
Black (arduino right side) - RX
Red (arduino left side) - 5V
Black (arduino left side) - GND

DB9
Pin 5 - GND
Pin 2 - RX ( Pin 14 of MAX3232)
Pin 3 - TX ( Pin 13 of MAX3232)

nixorous

Anyone know whats the problem of my system??

arcs_n_sparks

Sep 20, 2011, 10:21 pm Last Edit: Sep 20, 2011, 10:28 pm by arcs_n_sparks Reason: 1
Here is a code snippet of mine that sends a text message of two temperature measurements to my phone.

Code: [Select]

Serial.println("AT+CMGF=1");
       delay(2000);
       Serial.println("AT+CMGS=1XXXXXXXXXX,129");
       delay(500);
       Serial.print("High Temp = "); Serial.print(hightemp, DEC);
       Serial.print(" Low Temp = "); Serial.print(lowtemp, DEC);
       Serial.println(26,BYTE);

You do need to append either a "129" or "145" on the CMGS command to indicate national or international dialing. I am not sure what your "Serial.print(0x0D,BYTE)" is intended to do. The correct message terminator is a "control-z", which is represented by: "Serial.println(26,BYTE)." You do need the println format to send a carriage return/line feed.

nixorous

Thanks i'll try that out.
But from what i've tested the computer requires a 5wire connection (RX, TX, RTS, CTS and GND) and the arduino can only support 3.
Anyone can enlighten me on how to interface it with a arduino?

arcs_n_sparks

Sep 24, 2011, 07:36 pm Last Edit: Sep 25, 2011, 02:17 am by arcs_n_sparks Reason: 1

Thanks i'll try that out.
But from what i've tested the computer requires a 5wire connection (RX, TX, RTS, CTS and GND) and the arduino can only support 3.
Anyone can enlighten me on how to interface it with a arduino?

RTS and CTS are for flow control. They are not absolutely required, and you can configure the PC UART not to require them (I believe that is the default condition).

Go Up