Go Down

Topic: Arduino/clone with Bluetooth and SD card reader? (Read 2147 times) previous topic - next topic

ratkins

Does anyone know of an Arduino variant (or combination of shields) I could use to get Bluetooth and an SD card reader? Bonus points if it's either UNO-sized with all those features built in or a stack of Mini-sized shields.

Cheers, Robert.

CrossRoads

Adafruit makes a nice buffered SD card shield.
Check if they have BT shields also.
Or add BT sheild to a card with SD on it already.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

ratkins

[I'm not sure why you thought that was originally the wrong forum, but anyway...]

From a link-on-a-link after a google of "Arduino Bluetooth" I've found the Daisy 1T with integrated Bluetooth and SD card reader for an entirely reasonable $75, so that looks like what I want: http://daisyworks.com/products.html

Cheers, Robert.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

ratkins

Thinking about it some more, my project requires pushing a 24-bit 16x40 pixel display over the air at 60Hz, which is a data rate of 115200 bytes/sec = 900kbps, which from my reading seems to be well in excess of what Bluetooth can deliver. So that means 802.11b/g wifi, for which under 1Mbps should be a walk in the park.

Therefore, the combination of the Arduino Pro and WiFly shield being fed by off-board storage seems to be a more practical solution.

I'm pushing the RAM on the ATmega328 hard though, I might even have to look at an ATmega2560-based board.

Cheers, Robert.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy