Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: raw power supply unable to power smirf  (Read 927 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I have an arduino pro mini that I have been powering through an usb breakoutboard that gives it 3.3v voltage supply. This setup works fine and my attached smirf is functional. But once I removed the usb and instead power the arduino through my raw pin using a coin cell(3.3v), the arduino turns on but the smirf is off.  I recall the coincell working long ago on the arduino and smirf setup, what could be the problem here?

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Assuming you have the 3.3v version of the Arduino Pro Mini you are supposed to supply at least 3.35v on the "RAW" pin in order for the regulator to provide 3.3v.  If you provide 3.3v you are going to get less than that out of the regulator.  The BlueSMIRF Silver requires 3.3v so what you are getting from the regulator might be too low.

Try hooking your 3.3v coin cell directly to the 3.3v pin instead of going through the regulator.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Put the 3.3V direct to the VCC pin, don't go thru the regulator.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: