Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Uno dead .. only green led how to troubleshoot ?  (Read 564 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi my arduino start to loose usb connectivity a few days a go when i issued a digital pin high that is connected to relay ( i will open another topic about the project itself) then i did power on/ power off and then it start to work.. but now is dead,  only green led turns on...

I already tried with the atmega off and not even the serial port appears... I know the the atmega must be also dead (I already installed the atmega on  working arduino and didn't  work also, i want to try to understand what happened...
Question:how can i investigate what is burned/damaged ? the usb2serial , the crystal what ?

thanks & regards.

Check what this arduino was doing here:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,69266.0.html
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 07:00:09 pm by fca » Logged

Scotland
Edison Member
Have you had your Arduino fix today?
View Profile

If you drove the relay direct from the arduino without a protection diode then you could of potentially fried the 328, and possibly the 8U2 as well!!!!
Have you tried the arduino on another PC? Maybe try following one of the reprogramming guides on the forum.

If you want to package it up and send it to my free repair service I'll take a look at it for you.

If your interested then look here for details : http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,68577.msg505978.html#msg505978

Drew.
http://www.uk-pcb.co.uk - My UK Based PCB Fab & Assembly Company
Design work undertaken
SMD & Thru-Hole assembly

Arduino rocks
View Profile

hi,
i finally had time to  try to revive this board ..
tha atmega is dead for sure and the usb part also...
So i programmed a atmega on another arduino that make some leds blink , remove the programmed atmega and put it on the "damaged" board...
Guess what it works...
the usb chip must be burned..

i will order another atmega328 with bootloader, now how could i flash the arduino will a ttl to usb connected on pin0,1 will be enough to upload sketches ?

thanks

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

now how could i flash the arduino will a ttl to usb connected on pin0,1 will be enough to upload sketches ?

Yes that can work, although most of the ttl to usb serial converter cables don't support the Arduino DTR auto-reset function. Here is one that is easily modded to provide auto-reset.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370532286388?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Arduino rocks
View Profile

great, i will order one ..
so i connect tx ->rx  + rx->tx ....
how about the auto dtr ? what do i need to do ?
regards.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
View Profile

Also connect ground to ground
and RST to arduino reset pin if you do the mod below.

For that specific device there is a open hole pad labled DTR, wire a .1 ufd cap from that pad to the base of the RST pin on the connector. Then turn the board over and cut the trace that was going to the RST pin of the connector. Then just add another jumper wire from the RST pin to the Arduino reset pin and it will work as the original board did.

Lefty

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
View Profile

Also connect converter ground to arduino ground
and RST to arduino reset pin if you do the mod below.

For that specific device there is a open hole pad labled DTR, wire a .1 ufd cap from that pad to the base of the RST pin on the connector. Then turn the board over and cut the trace that was going to the RST pin of the connector. Then just add another jumper wire from the RST pin to the Arduino reset pin and it will work as the original board did.

Lefty

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: