Go Down

Topic: Processing / Touch OSC / Arduino (Read 833 times) previous topic - next topic

shitake

Hi guys,

i have looked for it but i just cant seem to find it. I'm tinkering around with processing, touch osc and my arduino. I've managed to print out the osc message, but how do i output the values that are represented by the sliders ???  I can retreive the state of a toggle button, but I got that from a sparkfun tutorial and they only use the toggle and no rotary/slider. It seems that whatever I do I just can't retreive them.

Please help.

PaulS

The OSC message contains a number of arguments.
Code: [Select]
float val = message.get(0).floatValue();
will get the first argument as a float (assuming that it IS a float).

Since you are sending the message(s), you should know what arguments are contained in the message.

shitake

Hey thanks for the quick answer.
Im getting the values out of TouchOSC i actually dont know what TouchOSC is sending. Thats what im trying to debug and im not getting any values. :(

shitake

Heres the answer I was looking for. I just dont know why I've never come around this in all of the tutorials and code examples.
Its VERY simple.
theOscMessage.print();

Will print out:

---------------------
/1/fader1
-OscMessage----------
received from /192.168.2.nnn:64414
addrpattern /1/fader1
typetag f
[0] 190.54944

---------------------

and then of course PaulS comment is totally right. I was using code from a tutorial where the value was casted to an int and I never got the values i was looking for. It was either '1' or '0' even if I was using slider or rotary slider.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy