Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: IR emitter problem  (Read 588 times)
Romania
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am using IRremote library to work with infrared i am having trouble implementing a simple IR emitter led . I attached a 270 ohm rezistor to it but when looking at it with my phone camera i see that the led lights up very little when i look at my remote using the camera the led is very powerful. Is the resistor to high or what i am doing wrong ? What i should do in this case ?

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

What current is the ir emitter rated at?

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Romania
View Profile

I don't know , how can i find the value ?

United Kingdom
Tesla Member
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
View Profile

If you know its type number, search for its daasheet on the web. It will almost certainly take 20ma so you could decrease the resistor to 150 ohms.

Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

Finland
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Ir leds may draw more current that visible light leds. I have a couple of ir leds that are rated for 100mA. I use 39R 0.6W resistors with them. If you know the part number of your leds, you really should try to find the datasheet and check the ratings.

Romania
View Profile

I don't know how to find a data sheet because there is no inscription over the led but i decreased the resistor value up to 170 ohms and now it works fine . Thanks for your replys

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: