Go Down

Topic: Can I make more than 8 own characters in 16x2 LCD display (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

asterixa

Hi, I have an LCD 16x2 display and I just found out that I only can make up to 8 characters. Actually I need 16 characters and I wonder wheter there are any tricks.
I use the standard LiquidCrystal library of Arduino.
Any tricks??? Would be great

Nadir

Sep 18, 2011, 05:41 pm Last Edit: Sep 18, 2011, 05:45 pm by Nadir Reason: 1
Do you need all 8 characters at a time? Only trick is you can discard unused ones and create new.

liudr

There are only 32 spaces on the 16*2 display and you want 16 custom characters. that sounds a lot to me;)
Can you describe to me what you want to do on the screen and how the custom characters will be used?

asterixa

Hi,
I would like to create 2 Bar Charts below each other (for 2 x 8  sensors at the same time)
The thing is the most logical is to have them in a mirror view that's why I need 16 characters

liudr

Hi,
I would like to create 2 Bar Charts below each other (for 2 x 8  sensors at the same time)
The thing is the most logical is to have them in a mirror view that's why I need 16 characters

good design! Like this one only vertically?

You can use space (or character 254) and character 255 for full and empty to save 2 characters. Then use less accuracy, 2 lines, 4 lines, and 6 lines for up, same thing for down. Then you will have two custom char left to do say 1 line up and 1 line down.

asterixa

looks good! vertical is no problem. Will try this,
tnx

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy