Go Down

Topic: EEPROM better than SD card for audio ? (Read 3251 times) previous topic - next topic

Boffin1

Theres a reference here to the regulator Crossroads is using, 400mA  and 700mV dropout.

I am using the LD33V  TO220 package with 800mA output, I have plenty of room for it on the board.

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Industrial-Standard-Pocket-Guide-2011-04.pdf?folderId=db3a30431be39b97011c1dfc76d7781d&fileId=db3a30432d9b3066012da32dcb5b3561

Boffin1

I had one of my 4 working SD cards pack up before I added the delay to the triggering micro,  but the card could still be read by the PC, so I reformatted it with SDformat, reloaded the wav files and it works OK again.

I have since added a 2 second delay on the triggering micro ( though I cant see why it should cause intermittent problems ) and they are still all working.

I am not sure that this is going to be reliable, so I will have another go at the eeprom, and perhaps make 2 plug in audio cards to choose from.....

CrossRoads

I think this is the regulator
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=IFX25001ME%20V33INCT-ND
I had to work thru the digikey filtering to find it, a search for IXF25001 wouldn't bring it up.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Also, that regulator was kind of an choice by necessity - a previous board design was already done, and we realized the regulator selected didn't have enough current capability, so I had to scramble to find one with more current capability but still had to meet the existing footprint.
When I did the Bobuino, I then used that same part, seems to provide all the current needed for the 1 SD card I have to test with, a 16 GB Sandisk Ultra 15 MB/S card.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy