Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: EEPROM better than SD card for audio ?  (Read 2670 times)
Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
A newbie with loads of posts, and still so much to learn !
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Theres a reference here to the regulator Crossroads is using, 400mA  and 700mV dropout.

I am using the LD33V  TO220 package with 800mA output, I have plenty of room for it on the board.

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Industrial-Standard-Pocket-Guide-2011-04.pdf?folderId=db3a30431be39b97011c1dfc76d7781d&fileId=db3a30432d9b3066012da32dcb5b3561

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Cape Town South Africa
Edison Member
A newbie with loads of posts, and still so much to learn !
View Profile

I had one of my 4 working SD cards pack up before I added the delay to the triggering micro,  but the card could still be read by the PC, so I reformatted it with SDformat, reloaded the wav files and it works OK again.

I have since added a 2 second delay on the triggering micro ( though I cant see why it should cause intermittent problems ) and they are still all working.

I am not sure that this is going to be reliable, so I will have another go at the eeprom, and perhaps make 2 plug in audio cards to choose from.....

With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I think this is the regulator
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Detail&name=IFX25001ME%20V33INCT-ND
I had to work thru the digikey filtering to find it, a search for IXF25001 wouldn't bring it up.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Also, that regulator was kind of an choice by necessity - a previous board design was already done, and we realized the regulator selected didn't have enough current capability, so I had to scramble to find one with more current capability but still had to meet the existing footprint.
When I did the Bobuino, I then used that same part, seems to provide all the current needed for the 1 SD card I have to test with, a 16 GB Sandisk Ultra 15 MB/S card.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: