Go Down

Topic: Breakfast, serial for Arduino (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

zumbi

Nov 05, 2008, 05:10 pm Last Edit: Nov 05, 2008, 05:19 pm by zumbi Reason: 1
Hello,

Testing the code, i am getting
Code: [Select]

$ ruby arduinoShell.rb /dev/ttyUSB2
arduinoShell.rb:7:in `require': no such file to load -- irb (LoadError)
       from arduinoShell.rb:7

I resolved this installing irb software.

Then i get
Code: [Select]

$ ruby arduinoShell.rb /dev/ttyUSB2
./breakfast.rb:6:in `require': no such file to load -- serialport.so (LoadError)
       from ./breakfast.rb:6
       from arduinoShell.rb:9:in `require'
       from arduinoShell.rb:9

I solve this one installing libserialport-ruby

Now, i got the Arduino Shell, i can turn the LED on and off.

Nice job justin catalana and thanks :-)

Justin Catalana

Glad I could help :)

I included a tutorial in that download you got, try playing around with some of the Ruby loops along with the arduino commands.

It allows for live interactive programming.

salernos

Justin:
Have you looked into the RAD project at all.  Given you obviously have experience in Ruby, it may be of interest to you.

For thous who don't know, RAD is a project that allows you to write Ruby code and have it run on the arduino.

I have just started playing around with it and it seems pretty neat.

salernos

Justin Catalana

Nov 05, 2008, 11:28 pm Last Edit: Nov 05, 2008, 11:28 pm by justin_Catalana Reason: 1
Salernos:
I have looked at RAD a little, and I like it. It's greatest short coming is that it has to use RubytoC.

I would like to make a shoes (http://shoooes.net/) GUI for both RAD and my project, I think it would make for a nice application suite.

salernos

That sounds like  a great idea.  I am currently working on a gui front end to my robot-control, in ruby, but I had never heard of Shoes.  Thanks for the link,  I am not to far into the project, and it may give me an excuse to learn shoes.  Do you have experience with it... is it easy to use (easier than gtk2, or tk?)

salernos

Go Up