Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ethernet shield + SD card [File Server = read, write, delete, rename files]  (Read 2853 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

smiley-eek-blue I would like to create File Server, able to read, write, rename, delete or move files through my browser, someone can help me?

Apopka, FL
View Profile

With an arduino? You may be asking a bit much here. The Arduino is not a general purpose computing platform. It's a microcontroller with limited memory and computing power. It does not have an OS.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I would like to create File Server, able to read, write, rename, delete or move files through my browser
There are three parts to what you want to do. First, the Arduino needs to be able to read, write, rename, delete, or move files on the SD card, with no interaction with the ethernet shield. Is your Arduino sketch able to perform these functions?

The second part is for the Arduino to serve up a web page, with form, that contains controls to enable the user of the browser to be able to perform the required actions? Do you have a vision of what that form should look like?

The final part is for the Arduino to receive the form back when the submit button is pressed, and to distinguish between an initial page request and a form submission. Do you know how to do that? When you do, invoking the right function (delete(), read(), rename(), etc.) with the correct arguments will be trivial.

View Profile

ok, I need to make some kind of html site, witch could be uploaded to sd card, and this site can upload files to sd, download from sd, rename files, move files, short etc...

View Profile

With an arduino? You may be asking a bit much here. The Arduino is not a general purpose computing platform. It's a microcontroller with limited memory and computing power. It does not have an OS.
I think it can be done, read a file from the sd-card and send it, or receive one and store it. Though there is the restriction that you can have only one file open at at time.

View Profile

smiley-eek-blue I would like to create File Server, able to read, write, rename, delete or move files through my browser, someone can help me?

http://www.webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/archives/000476.html
http://www.webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/archives/000477.html
http://www.webweavertech.com/ovidiu/weblog/archives/000484.html

That library, and the accompanying libraries have everything you need.  Also, make sure to thoroughly research your issues before asking others for help.  When you do ask for help, include where you are in the process, and the things that you have already tried.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:12:54 pm by bcomnes » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: