Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino Libraries Census and Repository  (Read 10927 times)
Onda
This is personal...
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello Massimo,

Do you open the census to everybody? I think that would be good to know which libraries are in the census for avoiding to repeat them.
Another thing, I think the repository must have 2 parts, one for arduino 1.0 and another for before versions.

It's only a suggestion  smiley-wink

---
Saludos,
José Chorva
www.pepechorva.com
@pepechorva on twitter

View Profile

Having something like the XBMC's adddon system sounds like a good plan, but wouldn't a package manager be a more logical choice? A package manager would, for example, make it much easier to handle dependencies between packages. There are many package managers to choose from, but I personally think that the cross-platform, open source package manager Zero Install would be perfect for this. One of the nice things of 0install is that packages can be managed both centralized and decentralized.

View Profile

Having something like the XBMC's adddon system sounds like a good plan, but wouldn't a package manager be a more logical choice? A package manager would, for example, make it much easier to handle dependencies between packages. There are many package managers to choose from, but I personally think that the cross-platform, open source package manager Zero Install would be perfect for this. One of the nice things of 0install is that packages can be managed both centralized and decentralized.

I wasn't aware there were such things readily avaliable; I assumed the arduino team would need to start from scratch, which is why I used XBMC as a model. But if someone else has done the leg work for you then that seems like a easiler, quicker and better solution.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: