Go Down

Topic: Twitter library Error 403 same tweet I need a RANDOM char type variable (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

abramx

Hi this is my variable that contains the tweet message, I think it cant be changed It needs to be CHAR type..

char msg () = ¨ tweet message¨;

I have an idea ... Can I have a mix variable that contains a counter or RANDOM value and a little message ????

char msg () = RANDOMvariableCOUNTER + ¨ tweet message¨;

Please help me!!!!!

robtillaart

Sep 27, 2011, 07:03 am Last Edit: Sep 27, 2011, 07:07 am by robtillaart Reason: 1
crossposting is not appreciated, please remove duplicate messages ...

Development / Other Software Development / Twitter library Error 403 same tweet I need a RANDOM char type variable
Topics / Device Hacking / Twitter library Error 403 same tweet I need a RANDOM char type variable
Using Arduino / Programming Questions / Twitter library Error 403 same tweet I need a RANDOM char type variable
Using Arduino / Networking, Protocols, and Devices / Twitter library Error 403 same tweet I need a RANDOM char type variable
Topics / Home Automation and Networked Objects / Twitter library Error 403 same tweet I need a RANDOM char type variable

I think the one in this thread is in the right place so you keep the discussion here.

Back to your question:

I have an idea ... Can I have a mix variable that contains a counter or RANDOM value and a little message ????

char msg () = RANDOMvariableCOUNTER + ¨ tweet message¨;

yes this is very well possible.\,
Code: [Select]

int x = random(1000);
char tweet[162];
sprintf(tweet, "ID%d: the rest of the message", x);

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

abramx

yes but the complete message need to be inside or contained inside the variable " char msg [] ", please help me! With this I will finish the project.

PaulS

but the complete message need to be inside or contained inside the variable " char msg [] "

As opposed to being in the variable tweet? Why?

If that is a real requirement, copy the message there.

robtillaart

OK, after a serious redesign :)

Code: [Select]

int x = random(1000);
char msg[162];
sprintf(msg, "ID%d: tweet message", x);
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

PaulS

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy