Go Down

Topic: Sparkfun USB Host Shield working with oleg USB Host Shield 2.0 (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic

tytower

Oct 15, 2011, 10:55 pm Last Edit: Oct 15, 2011, 10:59 pm by tytower Reason: 1

The ICSP pins are connected to the hardware SPI pins of the Arduino processor.  The reason to use the ICSP pins for MISO, MOSI and SCK instead of D11, D12 and D13 is that they work on an Arduino Mega as well as the regular Arduino (the Arduino Mega has the SPI pins connected to D50-D53).  On the regular Arduino there is no difference between using D11-13 and the ICSP header.

It looks like the new library no longer uses an Arduino output to drive the RESET signal of the MAX3421E.  It looks like the circuitsathome version uses the RESET signal from the Arduino to reset the MAX3421E,

It looks like the GPX output of the MAX3421E is no longer connected to an Arduino input.

So I wired from D7 to reset pin also and it seems to now accept and run the code
Does the GPX output  of the MAX3421E need to be connected to an arduino input for anything in the library?

@bob 1810 I don't know the mega ADK but the shield needs the reset pin of the arduino connected into the reset bus of the shield
Governments should do what they were designed to do only.
Manage the larger issues best done by Government.
My Family and my Property are no

bob1810

Connecting D7 (PWM 7?) to reset does not help;same result.
I would advice anyone NOT to buy this Mega ADK board if you want to use version 2
of the USB host libs,
it simply does NOT work !

sbright33

I believe Tytower's idea and the instructions above apply specifically to the Sparkfun USB Shield.
If you fall... I'll be there for you!
-Floor

Skype Brighteyes3333
(262) 696-9619

tytower

Oct 29, 2011, 08:14 am Last Edit: Oct 29, 2011, 09:04 am by tytower Reason: 1

It looks like the new library no longer uses an Arduino output to drive the RESET signal of the MAX3421E.  It looks like the circuitsathome version uses the RESET signal from the Arduino to reset the MAX3421E,
It looks like the GPX output of the MAX3421E is no longer connected to an Arduino input.

I find on my Sparkfun board that GPX output of the MAX3421E is connected to D8  Olegs board shows it left disconnected  I think .
I have a Duemielanove board and noticed-In max3421e.h he defines pins for the Duemielanove so I have un-commented those does not seem to make a difference that I have seen yet
*/
/* MAX3421E register/bit names and bitmasks */
#ifndef _max3421e_h_
#define _max3421e_h_
/* Arduino pin definitions */
/* pin numbers to port numbers */
//#define MAX_INT   9      // Duemielanove
//#define MAX_GPX   8
Governments should do what they were designed to do only.
Manage the larger issues best done by Government.
My Family and my Property are no

arapahoe

I made this mod and now I can't use pin 7 - it stays high all the time. I have another project where pin 7 is used - do I have to buy another Arduino board for it?

Go Up