Go Down

Topic: IRAnalyzer output (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

floydbloke

I'm just starting out with Arduino and have some project ideas around using IR remote control (which certainly appears to be a bit of a minefield).  I'm using the IRAnalyzer.pde sketch from the playground to capture the output from my aircon remote control unit.  I haven't made any material modifications to the code so haven't bothered to re-paste it, but here is the link:.
http://arduino.cc/playground/Code/InfraredReceivers

It's working well, it certainly seems to be recording the on/off sequence of the transmitting remote.  My query is around interpreting the output of the sketch, which consists of a time stamp and the transition (0->1 or 1->0).  Am I correct in thinking that each increment in the time stamp (time) variable represents 16 microseconds?

My rationale being as follows, comments is this line:
Code: [Select]
TCCR1B = 0x03;          // 16MHz clock with prescaler means TCNT1 increments every 4uS

And the times 4 multiplication in this line:
Code: [Select]
time = (long) TimerValue[change_count] * 4;

floydbloke

Sorry, ignore my question.  Just had a re-think with a straight brain and now realise that each increment in the time variable that is output represents a microsecond, not 16 as I first thought. Was getting my division vs multiplication mixed up.  The code makes complete sense to me now as well.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy