Go Down

Topic: [SLOVED] Arduino Mega - SMBus with a LTC1427 help (Read 378 times) previous topic - next topic

Aug 22, 2012, 04:31 pm Last Edit: Aug 24, 2012, 01:35 pm by stephenlinton Reason: 1
Hello Folks

I'm very new to the whole firmware/software world (I'm hardware electronics engineer) and I'm trying to get a slave device called LTC1427 which is a 10bit current DAC which will be used to vagary the voltage output of a buck boost. This DAC can only receive.

Below is the code that I started to write and got some data coming but I believe the Wire.write commands aren't working correctly. I suspect I'm doing something very silly.

When I say the wire.write commands aren't working correctly what i mean is no matter what hex value I put into the variables the data coming out doesn't change. I'm using an oscilloscope to view that data and clock.

The Wire.beginTransmission does work as I can change these variables and see the difference on the scope.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
#include <Wire.h>

void setup()                    // run once, when the sketch starts
{
 Wire.begin();
 Serial.begin(115200);        

Serial.println("All work and no play make Stephen a dull boy!");  // prints hello with ending line break
 LTC1427_TX();
}

void LTC1427_TX()
{
 byte ADD     = 0x2D;
 byte value1  = 0x10;
 byte value2  = 0xAA;

Wire.beginTransmission(ADD);
 Wire.write(0,1); //WR
 Wire.write(0,1); //ACK
 Wire.write(value1);//Command
 Wire.write(0,1); //ACK
 Wire.write(value2);//Data TX
 Wire.write(0,1); //ACK
 Wire.endTransmission();
}

void loop()                       // run over and over again
{
                                 // do nothing!
}
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Solved my problem, Turns out I was been silly with the Oscilloscope. Below is the code for a saw tooth wave.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

#include <Wire.h>

void setup()
{
  Wire.begin();
  Serial.begin(115200);
}

byte val = 0;
byte valHi = 0;

void loop()
{
  Wire.beginTransmission(0x2D); //Address when AD0 & AD1 are low

Wire.write(valHi);           
  Wire.write(val);             
  Wire.endTransmission();     

val++;       
  if(val == 255)
  {
    val = 0;
valHi++;   
  }
  if(valHi==4)
  {
    valHi=0;
  }
  Serial.print(valHi);
  Serial.print(" ");
  Serial.print(val);
  Serial.println();
  delay(5);
}

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy