Go Down

Topic: error message (Read 815 times) previous topic - next topic

dolan6

i keep getting the erorror message:
c:\arduino-022\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: unable to rename "core.a"; reason:Permission denied

it does not matter which code i used.  i have tried my cable and board on a separate computer and it works fine.  i have already re downloaded the arduino programming environment three separate times.  i also tried using the running version form the other system and it came backwith the same error message. i am running an arduino uno with 7 hp on my laptop.

Grumpy_Mike

It looks like you have installed the arduino in a place where you do not have read / write permission.
So either get a administrator account to give you permission or move it somewhere where you have permission.

dolan6

i have tried putting it in my documents folder,  on my d:\ drive and running from a external harddrive and it will stil not work. 

Nick Gammon

Hold down the Shift key while clicking the Verify button (LH one). You will see a whole lot of stuff like this:

Code: [Select]
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\arduino-0022\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\WMath.cpp.o

In my case the core.a file was in:

Code: [Select]
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\

Make sure you have write access to that folder (or something similar). (That is, the one shown when you Shift+Click the Verify button, not the one I have).
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Go Up