Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: error message  (Read 778 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

i keep getting the erorror message:
c:\arduino-022\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: unable to rename "core.a"; reason:Permission denied

it does not matter which code i used.  i have tried my cable and board on a separate computer and it works fine.  i have already re downloaded the arduino programming environment three separate times.  i also tried using the running version form the other system and it came backwith the same error message. i am running an arduino uno with 7 hp on my laptop.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

It looks like you have installed the arduino in a place where you do not have read / write permission.
So either get a administrator account to give you permission or move it somewhere where you have permission.

View Profile

i have tried putting it in my documents folder,  on my d:\ drive and running from a external harddrive and it will stil not work. 

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
Lua rocks!
View Profile

Hold down the Shift key while clicking the Verify button (LH one). You will see a whole lot of stuff like this:

Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\arduino-0022\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\WMath.cpp.o

In my case the core.a file was in:

Code:
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\

Make sure you have write access to that folder (or something similar). (That is, the one shown when you Shift+Click the Verify button, not the one I have).

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: