Go Down

Topic: error message (Read 834 times) previous topic - next topic

dolan6

i keep getting the erorror message:
c:\arduino-022\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar: unable to rename "core.a"; reason:Permission denied

it does not matter which code i used.  i have tried my cable and board on a separate computer and it works fine.  i have already re downloaded the arduino programming environment three separate times.  i also tried using the running version form the other system and it came backwith the same error message. i am running an arduino uno with 7 hp on my laptop.

Grumpy_Mike

It looks like you have installed the arduino in a place where you do not have read / write permission.
So either get a administrator account to give you permission or move it somewhere where you have permission.

dolan6

i have tried putting it in my documents folder,  on my d:\ drive and running from a external harddrive and it will stil not work. 

Nick Gammon

Hold down the Shift key while clicking the Verify button (LH one). You will see a whole lot of stuff like this:

Code: [Select]
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\arduino-0022\hardware\tools\avr\bin\avr-ar rcs C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\core.a C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\WMath.cpp.o

In my case the core.a file was in:

Code: [Select]
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\build6087744292440044728.tmp\

Make sure you have write access to that folder (or something similar). (That is, the one shown when you Shift+Click the Verify button, not the one I have).
Please post technical questions on the forum, not by personal message. Thanks!

More info:
http://www.gammon.com.au/electronics

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy