Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Grand Blanc, MI Arduino Cult, first meeting minutes  (Read 2273 times)
Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The first meeting of the Grand Blanc, Michigan Arduino Cult was held at 19:30 on Friday 08Oct at the Grand Blanc McDonalds. Both members were present, myself and Duckie58.

Actually it wasn't quite that grandiose or organized. We met here on the forum and just decided to get together to meet each other and chat a bit.

We had a great time, and found that we had a lot in common, not the least of which is a lot of excitement regarding Arduino and electronics in general.

So the real point of this post is to cast around for other folks in the general area that might be interested in an occasional (or even regular) get-together. Let us know!

The meeting was hastily closed at 21:30 when the High School football game across the street ended and McDonald's was invaded by 1000 crazed teenagers.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Sounds fun!

he meeting was hastily closed at 21:30 when the High School football game across the street ended and McDonald's was invaded by 1000 crazed teenagers.

You could have made an Arduino PIR sketch to detect that crowd in an early stage smiley-wink

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

View Profile

Hi,

I know I'm totally just trolling this thread, but I'd like to possibly meet up with your arduino group to discuss projects. I'm in Pontiac which I guess isn't too far from you guys. (I've just moved to Michigan from San Diego, so I'm not too familiar just yet with the state.)

I'm not a programmer, hacker, or engineer. I'm actually a doctor with a passion for electronics. I have some cool ideas I'd like to bounce off some more technologically advanced folks like you who may be able to help start a big project into motion.

Let me know if we can meet up or discuss these ideas in person or even on this forum to see if it's worth your time.

Thanks,

Dr. Mo

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Hi Doc! Would love to kick around ideas. This is a pretty informal thing so far, so the more the merrier. It's just two of us, and we usually just chat about whatever occurs to us. (We may actually have one agenda item for the next meeting, and that is to configure a couple XBees for point-to-point communication.) Pontiac's not a bad drive, I go there occasionally for work, and there's lots of places in between, too.

Thanks for posting! ... Jack

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

View Profile

Hi Dr. Mo,
Welcome to Michigan.  We are saving our best winter weather for you so you can have something to look forward to this winter.  The Michigan Arduino Cult is a very informal group.  I suggest we get together - we could pick somewhere like Clarkston as a half way point (Clarkston is about 10 miles north of pontiac).

I have been playing with electronics since  the days of 'one tube radios'.  The arduino has brought back the ability to do the hardware side and also allows me to improve my coding skills.

Lets try to set a time.
Duckie (Tom)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: