Go Down

Topic: Infinite Prime | Electronics line (Read 104 times) previous topic - next topic

Cooder

Hi,

Is there any knowledge or history of hacking Infinite Prime as part of smart home applications like Openhab? I was wondering if that could be done by Arduino, but I did not find anything regarding this via Google.

I'm talking about this device: Infinite Prime

In the main unit there is different PCBs in it, like main board, keyboard, PSTN unit and GSM board so there might be some possibility to control unit by some of those. There is also some kind of computer connector (earlier RS232 but nowaday USB).

I have one dummy sensor (as additional for others), the dummy sensor has only contacts to create alarm, but I would like to control status of system as well so that I do not need to use SMSs to do that.

Lot of hacks have been done for DSC alarm systems but that did not help since we had the current system in place already while moved to the house.

Any help is highly appreciated. Thank you.

robtillaart

don't know, never saw device mentioned here (prime numbers are discussed more often ;)

If you have some datasheet or pictures from the inside, and if the device has some more or less meaning ful connectors it should be feasible.

You could replace every button with a relay to get some control over it.
And you might be able to "sniff" the display data too, not easy but for many devices doable

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy