Go Down

Topic: Rc car (Read 298 times) previous topic - next topic

bradwiggo

Jan 05, 2016, 03:44 pm Last Edit: Jan 05, 2016, 03:57 pm by bradwiggo
I am trying to hack a cheap rc car, and I do not know what the connector in the picture is for/what cable is needed.
Please help

Photos here: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6F294D80B5D8B123!6572&authkey=!AAb9-TM_bEJ-tRY&ithint=folder%2c

DuaneDegn

What had been connected to it?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a power connector.

Does the car have a battery? If so, to what does the battery connect?

We would really need to see more of the board (the other side) and the rest of the car's components to give you a better answer.

Did you receive the car already taken apart? I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't know what had been connected to the connector.

bradwiggo

What had been connected to it?

If I had to guess, I'd say it's a power connector.

Does the car have a battery? If so, to what does the battery connect?

We would really need to see more of the board (the other side) and the rest of the car's components to give you a better answer.

Did you receive the car already taken apart? I'm trying to figure out why you wouldn't know what had been connected to the connector.
It wasn't connected to anything, the car uses aa batteries, I bought it new.

DuaneDegn

My guess is the connector was used to test the PCB and/or motors.

It can be hard to find the exact matching connector for things like that. I don't think you need to worry about it though. If you need to connect something, you can solder wires to the other side of the board.

bradwiggo

My guess is the connector was used to test the PCB and/or motors.

It can be hard to find the exact matching connector for things like that. I don't think you need to worry about it though. If you need to connect something, you can solder wires to the other side of the board.
Thank you for your reply

Zapro

bradwiggo

Could I plug something into it and control the car via it?

Zapro

Could I plug something into it and control the car via it?
Probably not.

// Per.

bradwiggo

Probably not.

// Per.
Thank you for your reply

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy