Go Down

Topic: Intervalometer Code (and design!) Submitted for Peer Review (Read 984 times) previous topic - next topic

nschoonover

Arduino is overkill.
I couldn't agree more! Magic Lantern has tied up all the loose ends and has a neat coding style with no add-on hardware. It does everything I need and more.

I am not here to discuss the pros and cons of the best intervalometers on the market. I could spend $20 and plug in a perfectly reliable and purpose-made intervalometer. But, I wouldn't have learned anything in the process.

Perhaps my examples will help someone else with a similar project in the future. At the very least it has given me the experience of building a useful device from (virtually) nothing. I learned to program my Uno, I learned a bit about debouncing, and I learned that just because it works, doesn't mean it's right.

I was really hoping that someone would help me out here and look through my code, look at my schematics, and let me know if I am doing things right. I'm not trying to recreate Magic Lantern, or build a fully featured intervalometer. I am just trying to build myself an intervalometer using Arduino so I can learn a bit about what it takes.

Thanks for taking a look at my project!
Nate

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy