Go Down

Topic: Windows Vista question (Read 671 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Hey gang,
I have Windows Vista7 Home Premuim, SP2, all the autoupdate stuff.
User Account Control is turned off.

Why does it keep logging me out of the forum after a couple of hours?

I have Vista Enterprise at work and that never logs me off.

Thanks
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Ran Talbott

It's not Windoze: it's the forum software. It automatically logs out my Linux box after a while, too.

Coding Badly

That's odd.  I have three Windows computers I use to access the forum.  To the best of my recollection all of them have preserved my login.

I believe Vista originally shipped with Internet Explorer 6 (which is rather buggy).  Which version are you using on each computer?

CrossRoads

I have IE9 at home, don't know about work, can look on Tuesday.
It didn't used to log me out, has only been the last 2-3 weeks or so.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Coding Badly

I cannot find anything in the forum profile regarding "auto-login expiration".  There are a handful of cookies associated with arduino.cc.  In my case, they all have expiration dates well into the future; the closest to expiring is the end of December.  In other words, I cannot find any evidence that the site is the problem.  My suspicion is that there is either a cookie related bug in the browser or a security setting that overrides cookie expiration dates.

Have you considered upgrading to Firefox?

Go Up