Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: [SOLVED] Reading strange characters  (Read 1095 times)
Trelew Chubut Argentina
n00b in Arduino
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am trying to display a file from a SD card using the serial comunication with the PC... I want to know if it can send a string that has strange characters as those (like →═ð) that you see in the .exe files when you open them with the notepad... Is it posible?

Thanks for reading!!

-Positive07-
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:23:20 pm by Positive07 » Logged

void.setup(){
//---Rubikuino---//
}
void.loop(void)

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I am trying to display a file from a SD card using the serial comunication with the PC.
Display it where?

I want to know if it can send a string that has strange characters as those (like →═ð) that you see in the .exe files when you open them with the notepad... Is it posible?
If "it" is the Arduino, then, yes it can send binary data to the serial port.

There may be any number of reasons why you get strange characters if you are not expecting them, or not getting them if you are. We'd need to see some code, and know what is actually on the SD card, and see what output you do get.

Trelew Chubut Argentina
n00b in Arduino
View Profile

Well it is an image and it is send to the computer. A program read every line sent by the arduino from the sd card and then make a file into the computer (like copying it from the sd card). It is used as a SD reader. But well this is the first prototype of something bigger smiley Thanks for answering...

-Positive07-

void.setup(){
//---Rubikuino---//
}
void.loop(void)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: