Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tablet Thoughts?  (Read 1206 times)
SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Kindle Nook

?? B&N "Nook", Amazon "kindle", right?  Two different machines?

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

Getting back on topic:  I don't know whether this is the same tablet CVS is selling, but saying the reviewer "panned" it would be too mild by half.

Hey, is that
'Awesome-O-Meter'
using an Arduino?

Kindle Nook

?? B&N "Nook", Amazon "kindle", right?  Two different machines?

Yes, my bad. And yes, I meant 'root and reflash' -- was thinking Cyanogen.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 10:06:48 am by justjed » Logged

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

View Profile

I personally got an Toshiba folio 100.
they do not appear to sell that much any more, both Toshiba and retail stores give massive discounts, due to the ROM (operating system) it comes with.

HOWEVER, install foliomod and BAM! awesome tablet! smiley
you NEED foliomod though, fixes the touch screen and multi touch drivers, increases performance by far (it has a nividia chip in it! damn fast!), android market, rooted, launcherPRO!

I got 50% off (and it was worth that much with the stock ROM) but it really is worth it if you search a little on the internet.

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Getting back on topic:  I don't know whether this is the same tablet CVS is selling, but saying the reviewer "panned" it would be too mild by half.

Strangely - some of the problems the reviewer experienced sound very similar to what happens to my G1 if I let it "auto-update" nowadays (I have it turned off now); at a certain point, the touch screen becomes completely unusuable - there's a particular update out there for 1.6 that totally hoses everything. I've yet to figure out what it is, but the best thing I have found is to just not do updates any more (not like they are updating the OS anyway). Probably the manufacturer shipped it with that update - hosing it out the box. If you could somehow get that update removed, then this tablet might be a better deal. That doesn't explain the wireless connectivity issues, though.

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: