Go Down

Topic: Fake / Copy Arduino Uno (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

BillO

A lot of the far east manufacturers just use the reference design verbatim.  They are still fairly high quality and useable items.

What the Arduino folks should do is alter the published reference design files to remove their names and logos, and replace them with a 'Designed by:' message.  That would eliminate the problem.
Facts just don't care if you ignore them.

Coding Badly

What the Arduino folks should do is alter the published reference design files to remove their names and logos, and replace them with a 'Designed by:' message.  That would eliminate the problem.

Bullshit.  The problem has nothing to do with the published reference design.  Tonight, for the first time in my life, I used EAGLE.  It took me less than 15 minutes to figure out how to remove the logo and the "Made in Italy".

The problem is that there are thieves in the world.  The Arduino logo represents goodwill earned by the Arduino team.  The people that build boards with the logo intact are trying to steal some of that goodwill (or are unbelievably lazy or both).

Coding Badly

@MarkPorter68: I suggest reporting the issue to Massimo.  You can do that by clicking Report to moderator on a post other than yours.  Or, you can send a Personal Message to a moderator.

BillO

Oct 23, 2011, 04:10 am Last Edit: Oct 23, 2011, 04:17 am by BillO Reason: 1

Bullshit.

Nice!

I believe you have totally missed my point.  In fact, I am sure you have.
Facts just don't care if you ignore them.

Coding Badly

Your point is that removing the logo from the reference design will eliminate fake boards. 

You are wrong.  I have seen fake boards with the logo altered.  I have seen fake boards with the logo moved.  I have seen fake boards with only "Made in Italy" removed.  If the logo is removed, the people making fake boards will simply put it back.

Go Up