Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: voltage multiplier  (Read 409 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Ok so I have ripped out a circuit from a toy I found and what it does is the when someone walks in front of the sensor it gives off a slow ac current at about 1.78 volts per second. Now I want to get this up to 4.5 volts. Dc or ac I don't care but it has to power 2 very large leds. Any thing will help but please try and keep the cost down,thanks.

Sincerly,
Riley

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

it gives off a slow ac current at about 1.78 volts per second.
Sorry but that is nonsense.
Does it perhaps give a 1.78 volt peak to peak signal at some other frequency?

View Profile

hey sorry i'm a little new at electronics and dont really understand your question sorry. But it max "peak" is 1.78 then it drops to 0.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Run the signal into a voltage comparator, the comparator can drive the signal to +5/0V for you.
That 5V can then be used to drive a transistor or something to control the LEDs.
See the LM358D part on the top left of the Uno Schematic as an example, where Vin/2 is compared to 3.3V.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: