Go Down

Topic: voltage multiplier (Read 464 times) previous topic - next topic

hadjisra

Ok so I have ripped out a circuit from a toy I found and what it does is the when someone walks in front of the sensor it gives off a slow ac current at about 1.78 volts per second. Now I want to get this up to 4.5 volts. Dc or ac I don't care but it has to power 2 very large leds. Any thing will help but please try and keep the cost down,thanks.

Sincerly,
Riley

Grumpy_Mike

it gives off a slow ac current at about 1.78 volts per second.

Sorry but that is nonsense.
Does it perhaps give a 1.78 volt peak to peak signal at some other frequency?

hadjisra

hey sorry i'm a little new at electronics and dont really understand your question sorry. But it max "peak" is 1.78 then it drops to 0.

CrossRoads

Run the signal into a voltage comparator, the comparator can drive the signal to +5/0V for you.
That 5V can then be used to drive a transistor or something to control the LEDs.
See the LM358D part on the top left of the Uno Schematic as an example, where Vin/2 is compared to 3.3V.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy