Go Down

Topic: TVout problems, tried many things... (Read 773 times) previous topic - next topic

thatdude624

Oct 19, 2011, 08:02 am Last Edit: Oct 19, 2011, 08:10 am by thatdude624 Reason: 1
hi guys, i'm back!
anyhow, I was looking around the arduino libary's that might be handy in my "simple computer" project. found the ps/2 libary, some text libs and finaly, the TVout lib. I can't get that last one working and have tryed many things, like:

• checking the circut multiple times before,during, and after each monitor test

• trying to power via USB instead of the 9V in case it for some reason did not have enough power

• testing all 3 examples (although I know I use PAL) and my own simple one meant to print "TEST" at the top-left

• tested on 3 TVs in the house.

these are the rezults i noticed:

• the TV notices the signal, instead of showing NO SIGNAL or a blue screen on the mini-TV

• when testing on the mini-TV, it makes flickering effects and a strange noise.

• lastly, on the normal TV, when unplugging GND, I notice a faint "TEST" displaying on the screen for about 1 second moving down before the TV lost the signal, when running my TEST

can someone tell me what the problem is?
other stuff:

• arduino uno

• PAL screens

• resistors all correct

thatdude624

come on, there must be something I haven't tried...
I whud do more tests, but hearing the sound of that mini screen thing, I am afraid I might damage the arduino or the TV if I continue doing things that I have tried before.

Grumpy_Mike

How about a link to your schematic and code?

thatdude624

found the problem!
I got the 470 resistor confused with a 470K one. the label on the resistor box was old and the K was unreadable.
problem fixed, it seems! although that mini-screen still does not work... but that is not a major problem.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy