Go Down

Topic: blinking of long LED strips using transistor (Read 118 times) previous topic - next topic

Sugandha

hi...I am making a project on strobe effect on levitating water.

for this I need to amplify the voltage 5V provided by the arduino to 12V to glow the LED strip and make it blink at a constant frequency.

I am using transistor BC547 and I have made my circuit with reference to the given link....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEz1i5xzGEE

Code: [Select]

void setup{
     pinMode(13,OUTPUT);
}

void loop{
    digitalWrite(13,HIGH);
    delay(1000);
}

I had tried it with single LED and the LED did glow but didn't blink.
The maximum output voltage I am getting is 3.8V which is very less to the desired output voltage needed.

so....can some help me to fix this problem...?

CrossRoads

void loop{
    digitalWrite(13,HIGH);
    delay(1000);
}

Where is the part that turns it off?

digitalWrite(13,LOW);
    delay(1000);
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Sugandha

Sugandha

I need a suggestion as I am unable to amplify the input voltage(5V) to 12V and the circuit is the same as mentioned in the given link....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEz1i5xzGEE

Brief description of the circuit -

I have used transistor BC547 and it's -
Base is connected to pin 13 with a resistor of 1K in series.
Collector is grounded.
Emitter is connected to supply of 5V by arduino and LEDs (which are in series) and a resistor of 1K in series.

CrossRoads

Are they wired like this? Your description is not clear.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Grumpy_Mike

Base is connected to pin 13 with a resistor of 1K in series.
Yes

Collector is grounded.
No. The emitter is grounded.

Emitter is connected to supply of 5V by arduino and LEDs
No. The collector is connected to the -ve or ground of your LED strip and the +12V connected to the +12V of the LED strip. The 12V power ground is connected to the Arduino Ground.

Go Up