Go Down

Topic: Best sites for ordering custom Enclosures or Panels? (Read 837 times) previous topic - next topic

ericneilj

I've made a project I'm quite happy with and want to order a custom enclosure. My unit is prototyped in a 6in x 3in x2in plastic enclosure: 6 pots, 6 leds, 6 momentary buttons, and one toggle. Ideally, I'd like to keep the enclosure or panel below 50USD; metal preferred.

What are some good sites that would offer near-exact box measurements, precise cuts in the top panel (circular and rectangular), and engraving/printing if available?

Thank you for your suggestions!

Graynomad

I don't like your chances of getting a custom box, normally you choose the enclosure before committing to a PCB.

However this mob

http://www.polycase.com/

Will machine the cases they have.

There maybe someone who does this using those 3D printers.
______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

CrossRoads

Or try ponoko.com, design any box shape you want.
Don't know if they do metal.
You want a  lot done for $50.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

James C4S

Ponoko does metal now, however, just to set expectations the smallest material is about $30 US.  Then you have to add the costs for cutting (and shipping.)

What are some good sites that would offer near-exact box measurements, precise cuts in the top panel (circular and rectangular), and engraving/printing if available?

If you are looking at a small quantity (<100) then a cutting service like Ponoko is probably your only option.  (Ponoko isn't the only option, there are others, that's just the one I prefer.)
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

justjed

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

liudr

Ponoko only cuts sheet materials and 3D printing may be very expensive. I just ordered something from ponoko. Hope it is faster. I ordered my first laser cut over a year ago.

Go Up