Go Down

Topic: Not sure where to put this so its here... (Read 503 times) previous topic - next topic

ibourdon

I have a standalone arduino project which needs to communicate with a pc. Besides the FT232 breakout board from adafruit are there any other smaller boards that I can hook up to the standalone that will allow the transfer of serial data?

If not, I heard the FT232 breakout board is slow at programming, would it also be to slow to use as a communication board in a project? Only really need 9600 baud but would like more if possible.

Grumpy_Mike

I heard the FT232 breakout board is slow at programming

Not sure why you heard this as the programming speed will be the same for all USB / serial chips, it is the boot loader that determines the programming speed.

If you look at the top of the window now you will see a tab that says STORE, click that, they have another breakout / programming board. There are lots of others about.

ibourdon

Thanks Grumpy. Reason I thought it was slower is because on Adafruit store it says "In a pinch, you can even use it to program AVRs (its a bit slow but works!)"

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy