Go Down

Topic: How to wire up LM386 amp for audio? (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Here is a great site for audio electronics fundamentals and projects. It's Hi-Fi orientated but has great articles on fundamentals and his projects are well explained and are a great learning experience even if you don't build any of his circuits. Take your time looking around as there are lots of different sections and topics covered and can take quite awhile to see it all.

http://sound.westhost.com/index.html

Lefty

justjed

Oct 23, 2011, 06:34 am Last Edit: Oct 23, 2011, 06:36 am by justjed Reason: 1

Here is a great site for audio electronics fundamentals and projects. It's Hi-Fi orientated but has great articles on fundamentals and his projects are well explained and are a great learning experience even if you don't build any of his circuits. Take your time looking around as there are lots of different sections and topics covered and can take quite awhile to see it all.

http://sound.westhost.com/index.html

Lefty

Not all have been built and verified, but with those that have not this is not an issue, since they cannot help but work.

Heh. Reminds me of Donald Knuth.

Also, bookmarked for educational purposes, and because a headphone amp is on my list.
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

CrossRoads

I think good results can be obtained by wiring the part per the Applicatin Hints on the datasheet as well.

Having a picture of the chip with no indication of what the pins are is not helpful.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

jackrae

Your next step is to ensure the signal you feed into the amplifier is a good signal. 
Amplifiers are a bit like software programmes   -   rubbish in = rubbish out.
There's no point in playing with filters until you establish that you are feeding a clean signal into the unit.

xl97

Thanks for the replies guys! =)

however.. if I knew how to do the quick term suggestions you are giving.. I wouldnt need to be here on an help forum (looking for help/guidance)

@Crossroads-

I guess I dont understand your post?

in my diagram.. all pins 'are' labled.... can you not see them?  everything is labeled.. (except a missing 'to GND' lable)

**now if you are saying I should wire it up DIFFERENTLY.. please say so or point out how.. just implying so doesnt offer my much 'real direction to solve/fix anything.  but Im unclear as to what it is you are proposing?  (except post a schematic?)

@jackrae -

I understand what your saying.. but wouldnt have any clue on HOW to go about what it is you are suggesting?

So if trying to play with filters to fine tune the noise/sound is jumping the gun.. how do I go about doing as you suggest? (making sure its a good signal?) or if its not.. making it a 'better' signal!??

Thanks  =)

Go Up