Go Down

Topic: Motor shield voltage (Read 450 times) previous topic - next topic

dt85344

I have a motor shield on an Arduino UNO and when I activate the program the motors do not run properly. They are 9volt motors and only re cieving 5.6 volts. I have 9volts supplied to the external power on the shield and the jumper remuvedfrom the power pins. Is there a way to get 9volts out for each of the motors.

CrossRoads

Where is the 9V coming from - a square battery?
If you are not seeing 9V, the battery is either drained, or the motors take too much current.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

dt85344

9volt power supply the voltage at the external power conecter on the shield remains at 9volts, motor 1 2 3 &4 drops to 5.6 when the motor is activated.

CrossRoads

Got a spec on the motor?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

dt85344

No no spec on the motors thought the shield would take care of the curent problem. Guess I need to run them with  relays.

Go Up