Go Down

Topic: Motor shield voltage (Read 472 times) previous topic - next topic

dt85344

I have a motor shield on an Arduino UNO and when I activate the program the motors do not run properly. They are 9volt motors and only re cieving 5.6 volts. I have 9volts supplied to the external power on the shield and the jumper remuvedfrom the power pins. Is there a way to get 9volts out for each of the motors.

CrossRoads

Where is the 9V coming from - a square battery?
If you are not seeing 9V, the battery is either drained, or the motors take too much current.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dt85344

9volt power supply the voltage at the external power conecter on the shield remains at 9volts, motor 1 2 3 &4 drops to 5.6 when the motor is activated.

CrossRoads

Got a spec on the motor?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

dt85344

No no spec on the motors thought the shield would take care of the curent problem. Guess I need to run them with  relays.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy