Go Down

Topic: 2 pin- electret microphone for clapper (Read 3030 times) previous topic - next topic

Today I received my electret microphone from DigiKey (http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?WT.z_header=search_go&lang=en&site=us&keywords=CMA-4544PF-W&x=0&y=0), and I had no idea how to try it. I used the diagram that indicates in the datasheet: one pin to ground, and the other to Vcc through a resistor and to output through a condenser. I connected the output to A0 in my arduino and got no result.

Do I need an amplifier for this? I only find tutorials with 3 pin electret mics.

You need an amplifier for this. Have a look at page 4 of our Gadget Shield schematic.

Beat707: MIDI drum machine / sequencer / groove-box for Arduino

FWIW, I was able to get an audio sensor module off ebay recently, really nice.  Electret mic, LM386amp, gain adjust trimpot, logic level output.  I've made basically the same thing (I think I copied Sparkfun's circuit) at one time, the "sound sensor" at a couple of dollars.. worth the purchase.
When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Ok, I'll get one of those. Thanks guys!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131