Go Down

Topic: DC motor to control just 1 speed, please! (Read 537 times) previous topic - next topic

c321

Hello, I am working on a project. I have a 12 volt 9 Amp DC motor that gives 60rpm at 12V, I already bought a power supply, and I have my Arduino board.
I would like to control the speed to 60rpm, but I believe I need something else than just controlling voltage in case of the different weight applied to the motor or different conditions.
Any suggestions? Please! I am not that familiar with electronics and I have been searching online for a solution for about 2 months and I seem to get more confused eveytime. I do NOT need to change direction or change speeds, just the 60 rpm's.
Can someone tell me what to do? I would really really appreciate it, I am really desperate :(
Thank you very much!

zoomkat

You could use PWM to control a large MOSFET which could control the speed. You need to determine the rotation speed of the motor, so that may be a more complex part of the project. This and the old forum may have post about tachometers that possibly could be helpful.
Google forum search: Use Google Advanced Search and use Http://forum.arduino.cc/index in the "site or domain:" box.

c321

Hello! Thank you for replying, but it is not that clear to me do I use PWM or should I keep looking? Also you said that PWM is complex or the MOSFET?

Go Up