Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: DC motor to control just 1 speed, please!  (Read 454 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello, I am working on a project. I have a 12 volt 9 Amp DC motor that gives 60rpm at 12V, I already bought a power supply, and I have my Arduino board.
I would like to control the speed to 60rpm, but I believe I need something else than just controlling voltage in case of the different weight applied to the motor or different conditions.
Any suggestions? Please! I am not that familiar with electronics and I have been searching online for a solution for about 2 months and I seem to get more confused eveytime. I do NOT need to change direction or change speeds, just the 60 rpm's.
Can someone tell me what to do? I would really really appreciate it, I am really desperate smiley-sad
Thank you very much!

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

You could use PWM to control a large MOSFET which could control the speed. You need to determine the rotation speed of the motor, so that may be a more complex part of the project. This and the old forum may have post about tachometers that possibly could be helpful.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

View Profile

Hello! Thank you for replying, but it is not that clear to me do I use PWM or should I keep looking? Also you said that PWM is complex or the MOSFET?

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile

PWM is simple, as is controlling a motor, see:-
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Workshop/Motors_1.html
and
http://www.thebox.myzen.co.uk/Workshop/Motors_2.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: