Go Down

Topic: LCD screen displaying differently on reseting arduino board. (Read 685 times) previous topic - next topic

dsalter1

I've asked this question on the Arduino subreddit and haven't really been able to solve it I was wondering if you guys would have any more ideas?

Here's the question and some solutions already tried.

http://www.reddit.com/r/arduino/comments/23yfga/arduino_behaves_differently_on_each_reset/

floresta

How can you expect anyone, on this forum or on the other one, to troubleshoot your problem without seeing your code or your actual circuit connections?

Don

dsalter1

If you'd read the replies i'd tried various different codes such as the standard 'hello world' one and i'm still having the same problems. Also take it that the lcd screen is connected correctly as I don't think it would display anything it it wasn't also I've checked it quite a few times.

Paul__B

1} It isn't an LCD according to the specification sheet you cited.

Also take it that the LCD screen is connected correctly as I don't think it would display anything it it wasn't also I've checked it quite a few times.

2} That probably is true, but you have not explained, let alone revealed a photograph of how you have actually  connected it in Real Life - we see a lot of problems here from people using faulty "jumper" wires in breadboards, or poking wires through holes in modules without soldering them.  I have myself encountered jumper wires with traces of lacquer on the pins.

3} According to the only code you cited, you have the 1 second delay after first attempting to display something; it was suggested you put a 50 ms delay before writing anything.

Go Up