Go Down

Topic: New LiquidCrystal library - LCD library (Read 26 times) previous topic - next topic

m12lrpv

What I posted (the masks) made it very obvious it just lacked your supercilious jargon requirement.

What I had to put up with for someone attempting to contribute something useful is quite frankly disgraceful. A good lesson for others I think.

As for negative logic control, with the current methods it is possible but on the code it will look strange: setBackligh (LOW) -> will change to 0, will switch on

Hence my post.

To someone who has such a device in their parts box they will have to change their code (rather than their initialisation) in order to switch displays.

I thought that such a suggestion would enable this library to comply better with this goal

• Your projects can swap in and out LCDs that use an IO expander board, you are not constraint by library availability with different APIs.

I thought wrong.

I will depart and our friend Bill can live with his smug superiority.

Woobatron

Hi Francisco
Thanks very much for your hard work and this awesome library!  I successfully got it working with a Shift Register in 2 and 3 wire mode (totally awesome).  I've read back through this post a bit and it seems that you have implemented some backlight control for the i2c expander.  Is this possible with the _SR class?  The schematics posted in the hardware section don't show which pin of the Shift Register to control the backlight. 

Ok, i just had a sneak peak at your RC5 and it looks like you're working on the documentation as we speak, so I'll wait for that.
Thanks again!

fm

You are very welcome, and I am glad that you liked it.

It is not only me working on the library, there has also been the invaluable contribution of bperrybap whose made a significant contribution speeding the library even further, reviewing making suggestions since it started and picasso who was the original tester of the SR library and wrote the fastIO routines.

As for backlight control, it will be added shortly in the schematic section for those LCD drivers  that support it. It is still under development and new drivers will be added in the future. I also want to rework a bit the wiki to make it easier to identify what schematic to use for each class and how to create the associated lcd object.

Thanks again for using it and enjoy it.

Woobatron

Thanks Bill! Thanks picasso! Superb work.

MikeOToole

Real nice job... my thanks to everyone involved...

Just in case I got it wrong, I best ask... what's the procedure for adding the new version of the library...

Go Up