Go Down

Topic: Now Hiring! (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

electric_AL

Yup, the magnets and reed switches would work but last on my list. If I can find someone to write the code, I am done.  I have done some programming on PLC logic controllers used in industrial automation but the hand held programmer did all the work.  The mechanics is easy and deploying the code cant be any harder than that of the Quad helicopter I built.  Nonetheless, I would be cool to meet some one local but not a requirement.  Got stamps  :) and can do paypal.  $)
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

WOW!!!   What a Ride!

CrossRoads

Your original listing says "Sensors: Magnetic Proximity or range sensing".
It would be fairly simple to run a servo until the switch contact was sensed, then back up to the beginning, advance and stop at 2nd switch contact, back to beginning, etc. But you need to put the 8 magnets under the track.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

electric_AL

Thanks for all your reply's!

Been there done that, just a bit too analog for this project.  I was hoping with the Arduino I can step it up a few notches.  I have used proximity switches on many CNC machines to find the machines table limits but I don't want on this project.  I would like to use these:  http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/794
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

WOW!!!   What a Ride!

electric_AL

Still looking...  :) The sensors have changed to the type pictured below. 

WOW!!!   What a Ride!

CrossRoads

So how is that not "too analog" also :)
Isn't the range on those kind of small for the distance in feet you were after (I think you had go out stop at 2 feet, return, 4 feet, return, 6 feet, return, 8 feet/end, repeat in the other direction):

"This small digital distance sensor detects objects between 2 and 10 cm (0.8" and 4") away."
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up