Go Down

Topic: Perpetual Hydro energy loop (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

wildbill

eddiea6987

Since at system like this can not produce more energy than it consumes

What if I connect one single turbine to some gears the turn MULTIPLE generators at twice, or more, the speed that the turbine is going would i not, with enough generators, produce more then what the pump consumes?
I could print the Arduino logo on a box of cereal and sell it as "Arduin-O's"

GoForSmoke

Eddie, the pump is *much* less than 100% efficient as is the turbine and the generator. Some, less than 50% efficient. At each step you lose energy so where does the extra come from? Wishful thinking?

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

eddiea6987

Eddie, the pump is *much* less than 100% efficient as is the turbine and the generator. Some, less than 50% efficient. At each step you lose energy so where does the extra come from? Wishful thinking?

Ok, but wouldn't the gears make up for the loss of efficiency? I could get gears to turn the generators who knows how many more times then the turbine
AND  multiple generators??? all with the same pumps, heck even add another turbine ...
I could print the Arduino logo on a box of cereal and sell it as "Arduin-O's"

wildbill

If you don't like the laws of physics argument, try this: People have been trying to invent perpetual motion machines for hundreds of years - you're not the first to think of it. If it worked, wouldn't everyone have such a setup in their basement and the power companies be out of business?

Go Up