Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: using arduino software with attiny2313  (Read 2392 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello all,
We just got introduced to arduino packages, in particular arduino deicimila. I got excited by how easy the programming is done. I succeeded in programming the attiny2313 and uploading hex file to this chip. My question is, will a program written using arduino software run in attiny 2313 or are there some change s to be made on header file or libraries.
I just uploaded the blink.hex file compiled from arduino but it doesn[ch8217]t blink the led on pin13. Please assist
Izoizae

Toronto, Canada
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Read this thread:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1236434254/52#52

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thanks a lot for quick response. I got exactly what I needed: att2313 core libraries. What I think is the last question to my problem is how to add these files to the arduino0015 library. Much thanks for these efforts. God bless

Arduino rocks
View Profile

About my later question, I copied the at2313 files to D:\arduino-0015-win\arduino-0015\hardware\cores\arduino
When trying to compile, I got this error:
Couldn't determine program size: D:\arduino-0015-win\arduino-0015\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-size: 'C:\DOCUME~1\prof\LOCALS~1\Temp\build2886.tmp\Blink.hex': No such file
Please help.

God Member
Arduino rocks!
View Profile

What I'd like to see is an 8-pin AVR chip ported with as much of the Arduino functionality as possible and at least 5 I/O pins available.

I know a lot of the 8-pin chips are small on program memory.  For me at least, the space occupied by the bootloader isn't that big a deal since I can use the AVRISP.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 11:00:18 am by Oracle » Logged

ottawa, canada
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

What I'd like to see is an 8-pin AVR chip ported with as much of the Arduino functionality as possible and at least 5 I/O pins available.

have you looked at the luminet thread? I believe he started with an 8 pin chip.

Toronto, Canada
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I wanted to build and program a dual DC motor controller with tiny2313, but the 2k flash is too little for the code I want to put in. I had to program it in Bascom to be able to fit a shrinked down version. I will be using tiny861 instead, so I can use the I2C communication, PID and other features I need.

Here is the pinout of the module I built using tiny2313:
' TINY2313 Dual DC Motor Controller Pinout
'
' Module  Arduino Pin   Tiny2313    Pin   Arduino  Module
'                                  +-\/-+
' Reset                PA2  1|       |29  VCC
' RX         (D 0)   PD0  2|       |19  PB7  (D 16)   SCL (SKC )
' TX         (D 1)   PD1  3|       |18  PB6  (D 15)       (MISO)
' Xtal       (D 2)   PA1  4|       |17  PB5  (D 14)   SDA (MOSI)
' Xtal       (D 3)   PA0  5|       |16  PB4  (D 13)*  M1A (OC1B)
' Enc1A # (D 4)  PD2  6|       |15  PB3  (D 12)*  M2A (OC1A)
' Enc2A # (D 5)  PD3  7|       |14  PB2  (D 11)*  M1B
' Enc1B    (D 6)  PD4  8|       |13  PB1  (D 10)   M2B
' Enc2B  *(D 7)  PD5  9|       |12  PB0  (D 9)    M2En
'                      GND 10|       |11  PD6  (D smiley-cool    M1En
'                                 +----+
'
' * indicates PWM port
' # indicates external interrupt
'
' M1 = RighttMotor
' M2 = LeftMotor
' E1 = RightEncoder
' E2 = LeftEncoder
'

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hey Guys, I'm an Arduino noob but, I'm a believer! I sat down with my Aruduino and in an evening had blink running followed by a DS1621 giving me temp readings (never got it working before...), I'm impressed...

Anyway, My first mc was the ATtiny2313 and I love it despite the 2k storage but, it was some work to program. In the past yearI let go of my old XP computer and only have  an Ubuntu box with no serial and parallel ports (I remember when they added those as standard. things change eh?).

My question is can I use my Arduino to program my ATTinys? My serial ICSP programmer is now useless to me and I hate to buy another but don't think I know enough to convert the thing to usb. I got the impression that someone was using the Ardunio to actually program the Tiny.. but I couldn't a handle on  how to go about it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, my Tinys are begging to join in on the Arduino fun!

Lee

Rural Arizona
Edison Member
Incorrigible tinkerer
View Profile

My serial ICSP programmer is now useless to me and I hate to buy another but don't think I know enough to convert the thing to usb.

Have you checked into whether there's Linux software to support it?  My experience has been that,  with the exception of a small number of apps that do bit-banging through the handshake lines,  apps that work with onboard UARTs also work with USB-to-serial converters.  The USB drivers do a very good job of encapsulating the differences.  Unfortunately,  my experience has also been that not all USB-to-serial adapters have drivers,  but that situation has improved a lot in the last few years.

The odds are pretty good that you can get your current programmer working if there's application software to run it.

Ran

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Humm that is pretty god news! I had to go look up what I was using as its been a while, I got the SparkFun STK Dongle that is intended to use  PonyProg. For some reason I seem to remember using AvrDude to program the tiny though...

Anyway, thanks for the encouragement! I'll go googling and see if I can't come up with something compatible to PonyProg for Linux.

Heres the link on the programmer if I'm not making since: http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=14

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: