Go Down

Topic: Ridiculous RoBo Requirements (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

liudr

Just browsed the whole thread, is this person pulling your leg? Just trying to mess around under annonymity or something? Any type of robot or car project will need a team of engineers, mechanics, electrical programmer etc. and a leader to know how to arrange for the task. Say there are 4 members of the team and you pay everyone a whopping $500 just to meet up two and half times or days to talk about this project. That's all it will buy. I personally think that $5,000 is a lot in terms of pure software programming but is chump change (or how they say it when faced with little compensation for big jobs) for any real world task, where people need to meet and materials need to be purchased. There are design companies that will do this type of planning. If you feel you are on the naughty side of the street you could mock up a request for one of these companies and they probably will ask you about your financial support letter from a bank or loan officer. Engineers won't look at these until the assistants sort out the finances with you first. Just my thoughts.

NI$HANT

Yes Sir you are perfectly correct, ALL of the BIG guys here were all correct and even i was correct that's why i posted this thread :smiley-mr-green: , for now its been about a month or so that this thing is completely left i contact that guy just to ask that whether you got some one and as obvious as it should be i got a NO from him.

For now that topic is closed as i think it should have been closed the minute it was opened for Hiring as you and other's pointed out its JUST NOT FEASIBLE, By the nice depiction of how things work in companies, Big companies for such sort of projects.
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

liudr

Think on the bright side that you got a lot of inputs on costs and what not from this "job" that apply to all arduino jobs. I hope everyone besides laughing out loud also realizes that arduino projects are not very much serious projects that would demand a lot more than $5K money to make. Just think about all the industry standards and regulation and testing involved in industry R&D, and liability issues for products (not projects) that could ruin small businesses and individuals. You need legal shields from big companies, like focalist once mentioned about photography, to stay out of grabs of ill-intent lawyers. By staying on the less serious side, it stays as your hobby that sometimes gives you a chance to express yourself, your intellect, and from time to time, collect some money and recognition you deserve. I am happy to see that some people made arduino-compatible products their sole source of income or entire business running on that. As an individual with a regular job, I needed a hobby and arduino is great for that. I do make a little money but would you rather stay home or spend an hour packing a few packages and wait in post office to ship them for $20? Some recipients will likely have questions for you later too. As a student one would probably say yes. But I find it harder and harder to say yes these days. So balance what you would like to do with what you are paid to do something else, maybe (?!) Easier said than done.

NI$HANT

ALL true!  $)

Easier said than done.

Yes that is really affirmative , Eazy-E :*   :D
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

Go Up