Go Down

Topic: How to know what 'type' of caps to use?? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Grumpy_Mike

justjed

I've been looking in the Yourduino shop, assuming that one S&H charge goes for a whole order.
I do have little to medium size bags of some parts but missing many I need and/or want.

I kind of like the Starter Kit: Electronics Components + Displays
http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=109

Yes, 1 S&H charge for 1 shipment. I just got a shipment from them, in fact. They accept payments via PayPal, so you need either a CC that works with PayPal (mine doesn't, for example) or a PayPal account. If you're in the U.S., probably choose HongKong Post as your shipping method -- that will go through U.S. mail. My total order was ~$50, and I didn't have to pay any customs.

Oh, and it doesn't surprise me at all to get a small resistance on the leads from a DMM. Mine are 3 ohms. So, you just keep that in mind.
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

GoForSmoke

I'm not going to load up a PayPal account by tomorrow so any place that doesn't take MC won't be getting my order. I do have accounts with Digikey and Allelectronics and bet I can set up with Mouser easily. I'll have to see about Seeed Studios who I did notice for small bits the S&H was $3-something.

I still want a better meter. The Cen-Tech takes a good while to figure out what a dead short is. It shouldn't take more than 2-3 seconds IIRC. I also want the beep for continuity I knew so well.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

GoForSmoke

Yourduino gave me no Hong Kong Post option. Cheapest shipping was $37 and change. No sale for Yourduino!
Seeed Studios billing sub-contractor did not like something but only gave cryptic fail code. No sale there.

All Electronics and I had a nice time, I spent about $80 including shipping. Even bought some extra bits.
Mouser sold me some MCU's. I hope that ATmega328-PU is okay, they have them under $3. But mostly I bought ATTiny85's for $1.36 ea. I spent $30 including shipping there.

All in all, I won't be eating out much for a while but I should be happy anyway.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

Go Up