Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: How to know what 'type' of caps to use??  (Read 2700 times)
Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I use this because of my bad eyes:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/33177304@N03/6305319953/

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

I've been looking in the Yourduino shop, assuming that one S&H charge goes for a whole order.
I do have little to medium size bags of some parts but missing many I need and/or want.

I kind of like the Starter Kit: Electronics Components + Displays
http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=109

Yes, 1 S&H charge for 1 shipment. I just got a shipment from them, in fact. They accept payments via PayPal, so you need either a CC that works with PayPal (mine doesn't, for example) or a PayPal account. If you're in the U.S., probably choose HongKong Post as your shipping method -- that will go through U.S. mail. My total order was ~$50, and I didn't have to pay any customs.

Oh, and it doesn't surprise me at all to get a small resistance on the leads from a DMM. Mine are 3 ohms. So, you just keep that in mind.

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

I'm not going to load up a PayPal account by tomorrow so any place that doesn't take MC won't be getting my order. I do have accounts with Digikey and Allelectronics and bet I can set up with Mouser easily. I'll have to see about Seeed Studios who I did notice for small bits the S&H was $3-something.

I still want a better meter. The Cen-Tech takes a good while to figure out what a dead short is. It shouldn't take more than 2-3 seconds IIRC. I also want the beep for continuity I knew so well.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Faraday Member
I learn a bit every time I visit the forum.
View Profile

Yourduino gave me no Hong Kong Post option. Cheapest shipping was $37 and change. No sale for Yourduino!
Seeed Studios billing sub-contractor did not like something but only gave cryptic fail code. No sale there.

All Electronics and I had a nice time, I spent about $80 including shipping. Even bought some extra bits.
Mouser sold me some MCU's. I hope that ATmega328-PU is okay, they have them under $3. But mostly I bought ATTiny85's for $1.36 ea. I spent $30 including shipping there.

All in all, I won't be eating out much for a while but I should be happy anyway.

I find it harder to express logic in English than in Code.
Sometimes an example says more than many times as many words.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Jump to: